Saturday, February 27, 2016

S'more Cupcakes





Nothing beats a good cupcake. Especially a S'mores cupcake! Im going to let you in on a few secrets. First, it's my mom's birthday tomorrow. She is the best mom anyone could ask for so I always try to make a big deal about her special day! I'm in charge of the treat for her birthday celebration! My next secret is I love making the cupcakes that everyone thinks took me all day to make. You know, the ones that people think you bought from a fancy bakery. Which leads me to my last secret... I don't like recipes that take me all day long or cause my kitchen to look like a bomb of dirty dishes went off. So I use cake mixes (most of the time) and add little things to bring them up to their full potential. People always are amazed when I tell them I used a box mix. These are one of those kind of cupcakes! 



Start off with your favorite chocolate cake mix. I used Pilsbury brand because it has pudding in the mix. Make it according to the directions on the box. 


Fill cupcake liners half full and push a large marshmallow in the center of the batter. Don't they already look so gourmet? Bake for 10 minutes, (or until done) and remove from oven. Now it's time to toast the marshmallows! Remove them from the cupcake pan and set on a cookie sheet. Broil on high for 20 seconds, watch them closely so they don't burn! 
Doesn't it look like it came fresh from a campfire? Now, melt some milk chocolate squares and drizzle it over the top of each cupcake. My kids love helping with this part and love getting to lick the spoon and bowl when we are done.  Sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs on top while the chocolate is still soft. Let cool completely. 
And that's it! S'more cupcakes that are delicious and look like you picked them up at a bakery. Mmm..... 

S'more Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 box favorite chocolate cake mix. Made according to directions
1 bag large marshmallows 
3-4 graham crackers, crushed.
4-5 milk chocolate squares, melted 

Directions: 
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Make box cake mix according to directions. Fill liners half full with cake batter. Place one marshmallow in the middle of the batter in each liner. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. 

Take the cupcakes out of cupcake pan and set on a cookie sheet. Broil on high for 10-20 seconds to get the marshmallows toasted on top. Remove from oven. Melt chocolate squares and drizzle over each cupcake. Top with graham cracker crumbs before chocolate cools. Let cool completely. Enjoy! 


The Keeper of the Crayons