Monday, March 7, 2016

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Chicken Soup
I thought spring was here, but this morning we woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground. The weather is a little bit chilly out there, so it's the perfect day to make a yummy, creamy, warm soup for lunch or dinner. This soup is my absolute favorite! The first time I had it was at a church activity a few months ago. My friend gave me the recipe. I've made it several times since then for dinner and family get togethers and everyone LOVES it! It's really simple to make.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love recipes that I can just throw in the crockpot. You can make this on the stove but I've always put it in my crockpot. Start by spraying your crockpot with non stick spray. Next, dice your cooked chicken breasts, carrots, onion and cream cheese. The cream cheese gives this soup the creamiest texture! Looks yummy already, doesn't it?! Next you will add a can of cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Give it a good stir. 

Next add a package of Rice-a-Roni, including the season packet that comes in the box. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Easy, right? It's almost ready to eat. 

The last fifteen minutes of cooking, add some chopped broccoli florets. This will keep them from getting soggy. Nobody likes mushy broccoli, but if you do, you can add it with all the other ingredients. That's it! You're soup is now ready.

I serve mine with warm, homemade garlic bread. It's the best soup! It's so fast and easy to make, and I love when dinner is ready with out me having to stand in the kitchen for an hour before dinner time. Enjoy! 

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup 

Ingredients:
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
2 large carrots, diced
1/2 small white onion, diced
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 small can cream of chicken soup
2 small cans of chicken broth
1 box Long Grain Wild Rice plus seasoning packet
2 cups broccoli florets 
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder

Directions:
Put ingredients into crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The last 15 minutes stir in broccoli. Serve with warm bread. Enjoy! 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: