Thursday, March 3, 2016

Easter Egg Banner/ Easter Count Down Chain


Easter Banner
There's just something about these little plastic Easter eggs that gets me so excited for spring! This egg banner is so easy to make. You can use it as a banner or an "Easter Count Down Chain" by adding scriptures or candy inside the eggs to open each day until Easter. My kids loved helping with this project and it turned out so cute! It's officially our favorite Easter decoration. 

A preschool teacher at my kids' school put an egg on a string for a necklace for her class craft. I thought it was so clever and got excited for all the possibilities you could use these eggs for. Start by buying the 12 packs of plastic eggs from the dollar store. They were only a dollar at Family Dollar. I used a package and a half for my banner. You need to buy the really cheap ones so that they have the holes on the top and bottom. You will need scissors and some kind of twine or string, I used the twine I had on hand. If you want to turn the banner into an "Easter Count Down" you will need small papers, a sharpie and wrapped candies.


Open all the eggs. My kids loved helping with this part! Cut a long piece of twine or string.

Stick the twine through the hole on the top of the egg, then through the bottom hole.

Once you get to this point you can either close the egg and start on the next one, or you can add something inside.

You can't go wrong with a peanut butter egg inside!




I added a few scriptures to some of my eggs. I just wrote it on a small piece of paper and folded it up. So simple! 


Continue stringing the eggs until your banner is the length you want. Tie a knot at each end to keep the eggs in place. Leave enough twine or string on each end so you can tie the banner where you want to display it.

That's it! A simple, inexpensive egg banner or count down chain. It was so fun to make this with my kids and they were excited with how it turned out.

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: