Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


My kids LOVE these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! It's been my favorite recipe since before I got married. My mom's friend made these for me when my husband and I got engaged. The second I tasted them I knew I needed the recipe. I wanted to be the kind of mom who made the best cookies. You know, the kind of cookies that kids get so excited to smell baking when they walk in the house after school. These are THOSE kind of cookies! They're very simple to make too! 

First, you will cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. This dough smells so good! 

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and powder, the salt and the oats. Give it a good stir and pour it into the sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.

Stir in two cups of chocolate chips. I love using milk chocolate and white chocolate. I can't choose between the two, so I use them both!! 

Drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. My kids love sneaking some of this cookie dough. Once the cookies are done, cool on a wire rack.

Aren't they just the yummiest looking cookies?! We had family over for dinner tonight and they all raved about how delicious theses cookies were. Enjoy!

 
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar 
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (room temp) 
2 eggs 
2 tsp. vanilla
2 TBSP. Milk
Combine and add:
2 cups + 4 TBSP. Flour 
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt 
2 cups Quick Oats
Mix until combined. 
Then add 2 cups favorite chocolate chips. 
Drop into greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. 



The Keeper of the Crayons

No comments: