Wednesday, March 16, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Marshmallow Stamps and Money Shamrock

I love the fun and excitement that the holidays bring! St. Patrick's Day is fun around our house. We have a leprechaun named Luckleaf that makes it extra fun! I loved these easy St. Patrick's Day crafts  so much that I just had to share them with you! 
First up is the marshmallow stamps! All you need is paint, I bought my set for a dollar at the dollar store, paper and some big marshmallows. Pat the marshmallows in paint just like a stamp and you're ready to go! My kids loved making the clovers (just four circles and a stem) and even came up with a pot of gold! To make the gold we used the handle of the paint brush to make dots with yellow paint. 
I decided to make leprechaun footprints with the marshmallow stamps after my kids went to bed! These will be so fun to have around the house tomorrow morning. They turned out so cute! 
Now this St. Patrick's day craft is really a cute gift idea. I thought it would be fun for the leprechaun to bring this as a gift to the kids instead of just gold coins. The clover is made out of three, one dollar bills, and the stem is a green laffy taffy rope. So cute, right?! Here's how to make the clover:
Picture 1: Take the dollar bill and fold the bottom edge up about a 1/4 of an inch. 
Picture 2 and 3: Make a crease in the middle and fold up the sides to meet in the middle. 
Picture 4: Fold over the top middle and sides to give it the heart shape.
Picture 5: Turn dollar over and this is what your heart will look like. Repeat the steps so you have three hearts.
Picture 6: I used a piece of scotch tape to tape the three together. Then I used a piece of tape to hold them on the laffy taffy stem. 
It was so much fun to make! Using simple, easy and creative ideas like this makes the holidays fun and less stressful. Hope everyone has a Happy St. Patrick's Day! 
The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: