Saturday, March 26, 2016

Staycation Tips and yummy dessert from June Pie!

I had such a fun time celebrating my birthday and spring break with my family on our staycation, that I thought I'd share some tips for those of you that are planning getaways, but don't want to travel too far! 
I hate traveling long distances, especially in the car! So I try to find fun places that are just a few hours away from home that make a great vacation! My family and I decided to stay at Zermatt in Midway Utah. It's a beautiful drive up Provo Canyon and pass Deer Creek reservoir. They have amazing condos and beautiful hotel rooms. They have a gorgeous indoor/outdoor pool with indoor/outdoor hot tubs, a spa and gym, and lots of activities around to keep you busy.

We stayed in a timeshare condo this time, but we've stayed in a room inside the hotel several times too. If you don't have access to a timeshare, here are some sites that have great deals on hotel rooms and some timeshares.
GROUPON and LIVINGSOCIAL have awesome package deals for hotels! You can sign up for emails so you don't miss out on great deals. VRBO has some great deals on timeshares that owners are renting out also. This is a great option if you are wanting to stay for a week. Most timeshares have a 2 or 3 night minimum. Also, check the site for the hotel. Sometimes they offer discount packages or last minute deals! Staying during weekdays are always cheaper than weekends too! 
The next thing I recommend doing is looking into what activities are around where you are staying. In Midway, across the street from Zermatt, is The Homestead. They have a large crater that is definitely worth seeing. It's free to just walk in and look around, they also have a lookout on the top. You can pay to go swimming and scuba diving in the crater!  There is a ton of restaurants and family activities close by too, like bowling, sledding, horse back riding and hiking. I look around to find discounts and coupons for activities and restaurants before we go somewhere. Most of the time I find freebies on these activities!
If you are ever in Midway, there is the best pie place in Heber! It's called June Pie! It's on Main Street in Heber and has the most delicious pies! I got this sour cream lemon pie for my birthday!! It was so creamy and delicious!

They also have hand pies!! These are so yummy! And perfect for on the go!
We got the chocolate hand pies, and they were a huge hit with our kids!! You can visit their website HERE.
I hope these tips are helpful when you are planning your next getaway or staycation! 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: