Wednesday, April 6, 2016

DIY Bath Salts

These Bath Salts are so easy to make! They smell wonderful and make a great addition to your relaxing bath. 
I love relaxing in the bathtub and using bath salts. I don't like spending a lot of money on them though. So I decided to start making my own. This way, you save money and can use any scent you like! So here's how I made them...
I used 1 cup Epsom Salt, 2 drops essential Doterra Oils and 1 drop coloring. I got a large container of salt at the dollar store for $3. I put all these ingredients in a large mason jar (that I just had at home), and gave it a few good shakes. Then I put the bath salts in smaller jars that I had. I used several different oils so that I had a variety of fragrances to choose from. And the coloring is optional. You can use gel coloring or food coloring or leave the bath salts white. I used the Doterra oils because that's the only kind of essential oils I have. I love them. 
The oils make them smell so lovely and they look so pretty in the jars. The smaller jars also would make great gifts to give to friends or neighbors. Make sure you store the bath salts in a cool, dry place in an airtight jar. Happy relaxing! 
DIY Bath Salts
• 1 Cup Epsom Salt 
• 2-3 drops essential oil of choice 
• 1 drop gel or food coloring 
Shake in a large mason jar until combined. Add more coloring or oil to your liking. Store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place. 

The Keeper of the Crayons


2 comments:

Christensen's said...

Thanks for the idea! I think we will do this for Mother's Day gifts with our activity day girls!

Davinna Kunz thekeeperofthecrayons said...

You're welcome. :) The girls will love it! My kids had fun making them! That's a great Mother's Day gift!