Tuesday, May 17, 2016

End of the School Year Gift Ideas

I can't believe it's the end of the school year already! My kids are so excited for summer. Every year to celebrate the last day of school and all their hard work, I make a bucket full of fun items my kids can use during the summer. They love it and get so excited to see what's in the bucket! 
This year I filled the bucket with water blasters, paint sets, paint aprons, glow sticks, a popcorn box, squirt guns, Rice Krispy treats and laffy taffy. I bought all of these items at the dollar store and Walmart. The whole thing was under $10. I tied some curling ribbon on it and that's it! It's a simple gift and a fun way to start the summer! 
We can't forget about all the awesome teachers and coaches! They deserve a gift too. I love gifts that go along with a cute saying!
 For the teachers this year, my kids are giving them a magnetic dry erase board and a set of dry erase markers and an eraser. I bought these at Family Dollar, put some curling ribbon and washi tape on it with a note that says, "I can never ERASE the MARK you have left on my life." Cute saying for a clever gift. You get the idea. For the coaches, I put together a gift with their favorite soda and a popcorn box. The note says, "POP POP, FIZZ FIZZ, What a great coach you is!" Cute, right? I use this one every year. You can give it to anyone, just change the word coach. You can add a gift card or candy bar to either of these gifts too. Hope these ideas help you get excited for summer and the last day of school! 

The Keeper of the Crayons 


No comments: