Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Smoothie Bowl Recipe

Smoothies are one of my favorite things! Topped with yummy fruit and granola, this easy smoothie bowl is perfect for breakfast! It's so yummy! My kids love these smoothie bowls too! I love giving my kids a healthy breakfast! 
You start off blending your favorite yogurt and frozen fruit with coconut milk. I used frozen berries and blueberry and peach yogurt. You can also add your favorite protein powder to this step. I used Vanilla Cream Whey Protein Podwer. This step is optional. You can use whatever toppings you want to. Shaved coconut and almonds go good with this smoothie bowl! The combinations are endless.
After you've made the smoothie part, pour it into a bowl and top with fresh fruit. I love protein granola on top of mine. 
They turn out so pretty! And they taste delicious! Great way to start your morning.
Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients:
•1 1/2 cups frozen fruit of choice
•1/2 cup favorite milk (I used coconut)
•1 cup favorite yogurt (I used 1/2 cup blueberry and 1/2 cup peach.) If you use Greek Yogurt, add a TBSP of honey to sweeten it up. 
•1 scoop favorite vanilla protein powder (optional) 
•Toppings: Fresh Fruit, Granola and Nuts 
Directions: 
Blend together frozen fruit, milk, yogurt and protein powder until combined. Pour into bowl and top with your favorite fresh fruit, granola or nuts. Enjoy! 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: