Thursday, May 26, 2016

Summer Bucket Lists

Every year, a couple days before school gets out, our family makes a Summer Bucket List! It's so much fun listening to our kids tell us the fun things they want to try and do during summer break. 
We pick a lot of family activities that we can do together and some that our kids can do in the backyard on their own to keep them busy. I also add in things that I know we already have planned for the summer, like family vacations. Everything on the list is realistic things we can do, even though my 3 year old's idea of riding a space ship to the moon sounds fun, it's not something I think we will be able to do this summer! I also love that most of the things on our lists are inexpensive. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a memorable summer. 

I also love having a bucket list for date nights during the summer. My husband and I pick places we usually don't go for date nights and things we can only do during the summer. It's so much fun and makes date night easy to plan by picking an activity off the bucket list. Now that our lists are done and school is officially out, bring on summer! 
I bought these baskets and liners last summer from Hobby Lobby. They are perfect for summer BBQs! I found some similar ones online HERE

The Keeper of the Crayons


No comments: