Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July Flag Cake

The 4th of July is our one of our favorite holidays! I love when everyone gets together to celebrate Independence Day! This year, for our family get together, I made this gorgeous, yummy flag cake! The recipe is from Oh Sweet Basil! 
I took a short cut and used a white cake mix just to save time, and used strawberries instead of raspberries. It turned out perfect! I followed both of Oh Sweet Basil's frosting recipes and it totally makes the cake! They are SO good and super easy to make! Here's the link to the flag cake and frosting recipes. Copy and paste 
http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/flag-cake-recipe.html

I piped the stripe frosting on with a pastry bag and tip to give it the star effects. 
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July celebrating Independence Day! 

No comments: