Friday, July 29, 2016

Homemade Granola

I love homemade granola served over yogurt and fresh berries from our garden! This granola recipe is so simple to make! I make it into granola bars too using melted marshmallows with butter, (like when you are making rice Krispy Treats!) and chocolate chips. Just mix the homemade granola, marshmallow mixture and chocolate chips and press into a 9x13 inch pan. So easy, right?! My husband has a food allergy to tree nuts so store bought granola and granola bars  are out. I love making this recipe. It's so yummy and fast to make. And it's healthy for you too! Hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! 
Homemade Granola 
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees
•3 cups oats (I've used old fashioned if I'm making bars, and quick if I'm making just granola) 
•1 TBSP cinnamon 
•1 cup sweetened coconut 
Mix together and bake at 350 degrees on a baking sheet for 15 minutes. Meanwhile mix together: 
•1/2 cup honey 
•2 tsp vanilla 
•2 tsp milk 
Pour over oats and stir to coat. Shut off oven, this keeps it from burning. Put back in oven right after you turn it off, for another 10-12 minutes or until desired crunch. If making bars you'll want to keep the granola softer. Cool completely and store in an air tight container. Enjoy! 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: