Monday, September 19, 2016

Fertility Update-Big News!

I'm so excited to announce that we're expecting! I'm due April 6th, our OB said that sounds like the best day to have a baby and I couldn't agree more! We've known for awhile, and I already told most of our family, friends and most of the TTC sisters. It was hard to keep it a secret since everyone knew I had started the Clomid and once we told our kids it got out pretty fast! We feel so blessed that I was able to get pregnant on our first cycle of Clomid. Everything went so fast! I kept hearing how slow it would all seem, but once I called on cycle day 1 at the end of June, everything went so quickly. 

At my last monitoring appointment, we couldn't figure out why my follicles weren't maturing past a 12. We were waiting to do the trigger shot once we had a follicle big enough. My nurse at the fertility clinic decided I needed a blood test to see if that would tell us what was going on. My husband and I were out on a date when my nurse called me back after office hours. She told me my blood test showed I had ovulated on my own! I was so excited I didn't have to do the trigger shot. They had me start progesterone and told me to test in two weeks. Those two weeks went by so fast! I remember feeling miserable a few days before I was suppose to test and I started crying. I wasn't sure I had it in me to do another round of Clomid. 

I tested a day early and got a positive Home Pregnancy Test!! My fertility clinic had me get my beta tested that same day and it was 371 at 4 weeks! They had me test the following week and my betas were more than doubling every other day. I was so grateful. The betas in the past drove me crazy monitoring them. We had our first ultrasound at 6 weeks and our baby had a strong heartbeat! Everything has been going great! I was getting weekly ultrasounds done at the fertility clinic (which I loved) until 10 weeks. We had our 2nd OB appointment today (11 weeks and 4 days) and our baby has grown so much. Everything looked great and our baby has a strong heartbeat!  I'm enjoying all day and night morning sickness and I'll continue the progesterone for one more week. We're so happy! Our kids were thrilled when we told them. They love watching the ultrasound videos of our baby wiggling around and waving it's cute little hands and always ask the cutest questions about the baby. 

I'm so thankful for all of our amazing friends and family who have been so supportive and encouraging! We can't thank you all enough for the kindness and love that you've shown us!  Thank you so much!! I hope I show you the same love that you all have given to me and my family. We're also so grateful to Heavenly Father. I've learned so much through this journey, but the greatest comfort I received is just the knowledge that everything is in God's hands. I would repeat that to myself several times a day. And I'm so thankful for the power of prayer. I'm praying for all of you out there still waiting for your positive tests. You're always in my thoughts. Be watching for pregnancy updates. :) 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: