Sunday, September 25, 2016

Homemade Chili

It's finally Fall! There's so many reason why this time of year is my favorite. I love the cooler temperatures, the oversized sweaters and the yummy, comfort food. I love easy recipes I can just put in the crockpot, and that taste amazing. This Chili recipe is one of them! 
It's so simple to make and is so delicious! I put mine in the crockpot and let it cook all day. It makes your house smell so good. I serve mine with garlic bread or homemade rolls. It's the perfect Fall recipe. My family loves this Chili! I hope you enjoy it too. 
Homemade Chili 
Ingredients: 
•1 pound of ground beef (browned)
•1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
•1 small yellow onion, diced
•1 can pinto beans, rinsed
•1 can kidney beans, rinsed
•1 can diced tomatoes 
•1 small can tomatoe sauce 
•2 cups tomatoe juice 
•1 TBSP Garlic 
•1 1/2 TBSP Chili Powder 
•1/4 tsp. of cumin
•1/4 tsp. Sugar
•1 tsp. Parsley flakes
•1/2 cup of water
•Salt and Pepper to taste (I use about a tsp of each.)
Directions: 
Brown the ground beef and sauté the pepper and onions. Add everything into a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with garlic bread or rolls. 

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: