Monday, November 28, 2016

The Giving Manger Christmas Tradition

This time of year is my absolute favorite! I love everything about the holidays and spending time with family. Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's time to start the countdown to Christmas! We have an Elf on the Shelf, visit Santa, and do a lot of other activities to celebrate in December, but I just have to share with you my favorite holiday tradition. The Giving Manger. We started this a couple years ago when I won this book and set. I wanted something more important for my family to do to celebrate the month of December. The Giving Manger has been such a great addition to our family traditions and it's the perfect way to keep the focus of Christmas on The Savior. The set comes with a book, a wooden manger, a bundle of straw, and a Baby Jesus. We read the book before December 1st. Then, everyday we provide some kind of service for someone and place a piece of straw in the manger bed. On Christmas morning, when the bed is full of straw from all the service we've provided, we place the baby in the manger. Last year, instead of running to the Christmas tree and presents first, my kids ran to the manger so excited to place the Baby in it. This year, when we read the story and put out the manger with our other Christmas decorations, my kids started talking about some of the acts of service they are most excited about doing. It touches my heart seeing my kids give service and to see their excitement about it. It has been my favorite way to keep the focus of Christmas on what matters most. You can find The Giving Manger Set online here. I hope it becomes a favorite tradition for you and your family and adds to the joy of the holidays like it has for my family.

The Keeper of the Crayons

The LDS Church has created a #LIGHTtheWORLD service challenge for the month of December. It's a great way to celebrate Christmas and it goes right along with The Giving Manger theme. To learn more on #LIGHTtheWORLD click HERE.

No comments: