Wednesday, December 14, 2016

DIY Ornament

When I was shopping at Target a few weeks ago, I came across a box of clear, shatter proof ornaments in their dollar bins and knew I needed them! They have a cute silver top and white ribbon on them and can be used for just about any do it yourself project!
 One of our family's Christmas Traditions is getting a new ornament on Christmas Eve with a new pair of pajamas! I love all of the "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments that my kids received when they were babies. I wanted a special ornament for our baby to celebrate all that we have been through to get to this point. I thought an Ultrasound Ornament would be so perfect! You can use any photo to make this ornament. I cut the ultrasound down so that it would fit and not stick out of the top. Next, I rolled the photo up and put it inside the ornament. I let it unroll inside and used the end of a small paint brush to finish pushing the picture open.

 I put some cute packaging filler in the back to hold the picture in place and to make the back of the ornament look cute. I used a burlap color of filler to match the decorations on our Christmas Tree.
I love how cute it turned out! We will cherish this ornament forever. And it only took about 3 minutes to make! This would be such a special gift to give to friends or family for Christmas! You can use any photo. It would be cute to do a wedding photo for a couple's first Christmas together. The possibilities are endless and it's so easy to make!

The Keeper of the Crayons 

No comments: