Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Yummiest Energy Bites

I can't believe how fast time is going by! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I'm thrilled to be in the home stretch! The third trimester of this pregnancy has made me so excited, but also very exhausted. The fatigue that I had in the first trimester has returned. I've found that eating healthy meals and snacks help with the fatigue. My pregnancy app said that my baby is taking a lot of protein from me right now so I have been trying to eat items higher in protein. I've had some friends give me some healthy treat recipes that help me keep my energy levels up so that I can keep up with being a wife and mommy to my 3 kids while growing my sweet princess inside of me. These Energy Bites are one of my favorite treats! Not only are they so yummy they are healthy for you too. They are perfect for anyone wanting a healthy snack, even if you aren't expecting. I keep them in a container in my fridge and grab one when I want a sweet, healthy treat. They are perfect for on the go and when you don't feel like cooking a healthy snack. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!



The Yummiest Energy Bites:

*Ingredients:
*16 Organic Pitted Dates
*1/2 cup Almond Butter (if you want it to be sweeter you can use peanut butter)
*1 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
*1/3 Cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips
*1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract (Maple Extract works also).

*Directions: In a food processor, process dates until a paste forms. Add in almond butter and vanilla. Fold in Oats and Chocolate Chips. Dough will be sticky. Roll into 2 inch balls and place on parchment paper. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.



The Keeper of the Crayons

No comments: