Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Simple Mini Pizza Bar

Pizza is one of my family's favorite meals. My kids all like something different on their pizzas, so a Mini Pizza Bar is the perfect way to go. Plus it makes it so fun for everyone to make their own!

This Pizza Bar is super easy to put together. I love simple dinners! I cut up all our favorite toppings into tiny diced sized pieces for the mini pizzas. I made my sauce from scratch. It's just two small cans tomato sauce, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. parsley flakes, a pinch of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

Now for the secret for the dough. I use Rhodes Roll Dough. I place the dough on a sprayed piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Let it sit to thaw for 5-6 hours before you want to make your pizzas. One roll is the perfect size for a mini pizza. I used parchment paper cut into squares and sprayed with non stick cooking spray to cook the pizzas on. Press the one ball of dough out with your finger tips. Top with sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake at 415 degrees for 15 minutes. You can make homemade pizza dough, but my family actually loves this dough better. And I love how much easier and faster it is! The pizza crust turns out perfect every time and you don't have to waste time kneading it or rolling it out. It's so easy!

My kids had so much fun making their own pizzas. Once a month we let them plan a dinner that they can help make so they can learn how to cook in the kitchen. This Pizza Bar was a huge hit! They loved feeling like little pizza chefs and they got to make the pizza just how they wanted it. No need to pick off toppings they didn't like. They were specialized for each kiddo.

This is the finished product. It was such a fun family dinner and I love how easy the Rhodes Rolls made it. It's the perfect dinner to add some fun to your summer nights.  

The Keeper of the Crayons

No comments: