Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pumpkin Playdough

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Every year I put together a couple crafts for my kids to do in celebration of Halloween. This year, I decided to go with something they could play with all month long and not just use for decorations. They had so much fun making these pumpkin playdough cups! They are so simple to make and I'm sharing my favorite go-to, homemade playdough recipe!

For the cups:
We used small plastic punch cups to put our playdough in. My kids used a black Sharpie marker to draw their jack-o-lantern faces on.
For the playdough:
Boil 2 cups water, 4 TBSP oil, and 2 tsp. Cream of Tartar in a pot on the stovetop. Stir in 2 cups flour and then add 1 cup of salt. Knead in desired food coloring.
(To add a festive pumpkin smell, add one to two drops of pumpkin essential oil).  
This is the softest playdough and smells a lot better than the store bought stuff. I love how it turns out every time that I make it!

This is the finished product. My kids loved making these! They had fun changing the playdough from one cup to another so they could switch up the faces. The whole craft cost me less than $5. I hope your kids enjoy this as much as mine did!


The Keeper of the Crayons

1 comment:

Beyond Survival Mom said...

I love this idea! Thank you!